Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sleepy Baby



Madelynn has been sleeping all day, waking up only to eat. Worry started to set in at around 3pm, but at that point it was just a worry that she wouldn't sleep well tonight. By now, real worry has set in and I wouldn't care if she stayed up all night, every night, as long as she's OK. I've been sitting next to her, staring, and I swear I can actually see her growing. I'm serious. She looks longer and I believe her onesie is looking a little stretched since this morning. She smiles in her sleep. A very sick baby wouldn't do that, would they? She's fine. Just growing.

Yesterday she rolled. It wasn't the first time but all the others looked like accidents. This time though, she barely crushed her arm on the turn and looked genuinely pleased with herself when she made it to her stomach. Then she was pissed because she couldn't roll back, the girl hates tummy time.

I really don't have anything to write about. I'm only trying this because I don't know what else to do, with my baby sleeping, maybe sick, maybe just growing really really fast, making me totally crazy and uneasy, not waking up perhaps just to bug me. What a snot.

She's sucking her thumb. I guess that makes me feel better. There's logic in that somewhere I'm sure. What a craptastic day.

Question of the day: How is it that Mady can sleep 20 hours a day, yet I'm always so damn tired and only seem to get 5 hours of sleep? Craptabulous. Ha, that one was too much.

No comments: