Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sick Mommy...

Sick baby. I'm sick. I can't breathe out of my face, my skin hurts, I keep coughing, and it's like 98 degrees in here even though the thermostat is sitting at 68. So I've googled just about everything, 'colds in breast milk', 'keeping your baby healthy', 'I'm sick and I'm breastfeeding!!! HELP'. So I did all those things they suggested, which was basically, wait for it, "wash your hands". Easy. I did that! A bajillion times! I didn't give her any kisses, and I kept her face away from my face. I didn't even let her chew on my knuckles even though they were clean. The only thing I can think of is that when I leaned over her to make sure she was still breathing, (I still do this 100 times a night. I'm trying to stop.) my nose dripped a huge drop of snot right on her cheek. I know it's gross. You don't have to tell me. But I anti-backed her face!

She's sick. I've been dreading this since day one. She doesn't have a fever, but when I went in to feed her, (for the millionth time after midnight) she was soaked. I thought she had somehow managed to pee outside her diaper and all over her head before I realized it was sweat. I almost called 911. She has the sneezies and she's coughing every once in a while, I hear it reverberate over the baby moniter at random intervals. When I run in to make sure that cough wasn't her last, she has snot all over her upper lip and spittle on her cheeks. I know it's gross. You don't have to tell me.

Anyways, I actually called the hospital to see if I had an emergency. One of the woman's first questions was, "does she have a fever"? Uhh, I dunno. I had to call her back.

Apparently, I over-reacted. No fever equals don't call. Who knew?

As much as I've been dreading her first little cold, she doesn't really seem to notice much. She has definitely been a little more annoying today than usual, she's not sleeping very well right now, and she's been eating like she thinks it's her last meal or something. I think I could better handle this situation if I didn't feel like crap. It's hard to cuddle when you can't breathe.

I'm sure she'll be up super early tomorrow too. Ugh.

It's three a.m. and Jeffrey's out with friends. As soon as he gets home, I'm going to sneeze in his mouth. I know it's gross.

No comments: