Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Drool is Winning

In the battle between a bunch of baby spit and me, we can now mark down yet another win for drool. I don't put a bib on Mads when she goes to sleep, I imagine it would be some kind of strangling hazard, but she doesn't really seem to drool that much in her sleep anyways. Or at least I didn't think so. When we woke up this morning, her neck, chin, and a little part of her cheek was covered in little red bumps. My kid has a drool rash. I can't help but look at that rash and blame myself for it's appearance. Maybe twelve bibs a day just isn't enough, maybe dabbing instead of wiping wasn't the best route to take, maybe I should have slathered her with Vaseline after every dab, or wrapped her face up mummy-style with a bunch of gauze or something. Whatever I did, or didn't do, has turned into an angry red mess all over my baby's otherwise perfect face.

I patted a little baby powder on it first thing in the morning, then slapped some Vaseline all over her, and it appears to be completely gone already. But drool is tricky. I'm going to have to watch my back.

Don't worry though, Mommy will prevail.

No comments: