Thursday, December 11, 2008

Black is the New Tan

When Jeffrey and I joined forces a couple years ago, we also combined all of our junk. With Jeffrey came the entertainment stand. I guess any T.V. stand is better than no T.V. stand, but this thing is about fifty years old and has been destined for the burn pile for about twenty-five of those years (I'm exaggerating, but it is a little junky, OK?). I hate the thing. It's all banged up, the knobs keep falling off, the doors won't stay closed, and it's ugly. Period. Trust me, I would be more than happy to have a bonfire in it's honor, but then our T.V. would be sitting on the floor. With no funds to buy a new one, I did what I could with five whole dollars. I refurbished it.

I wish I had taken a better picture of it before I painted it, so you could really see the mess I was up against. This is the before:

One small can of black paint and a little polyurethane later, you get this:

Now I know a coat of paint doesn't make that thing a good, quality piece of furniture, but it does make me insanely happy. So happy in fact that I couldn't give two damns that Jeffrey didn't want me to paint it in the first place. Now that it's done, Jeffrey likes it almost as much as I do. When will he realize that I always know what I'm talking about?

Oh and P.S. No, I'm not just really lazy, it's supposed to be two different colors, see knobs for proof, jerkface. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate the beauty that is my brand new, five dollar, entertainment stand.

No comments: