Saturday, January 17, 2009

Super Cook

I got this from the blog If it isn't one thing, it's another!.

Super Cook is this awesome website where you type in all the food that you have in your house, and it finds a bunch of recipes for things that you can make with it. This thing is a lifesaver! You know when you need to go grocery shopping, but you don't for one reason or another, and all you have in your kitchen is random condiments and pastas? Maybe that's just me. Usually when this happens, I'll just order delivery, but when you're minus one car, and out 300 bucks for a tow (yes, it was still 300 bucks), spending thirty dollars on dinner for two just isn't feasible. So I typed in all the things in my kitchen (macaroni, milk, eggs, parmesan cheese, etc.) and it gave me 274 recipes that could be made!

Last night, I made Spaghetti Loaf, which sounds pretty unappetizing when you just go off the name, but it's actually a lot like lasagna, but made in a loaf pan. And it was easy! Bake time like 20 minutes!

So anyways, if you're down to the bare minimum in your pantry, you really don't have to feed your family Pop-Tarts for dinner. There are other options.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Is there an option for them to send a cook out to make whatever recipe I choose? I have a hard time finding things to make AND I don't really have the time or energy to make said food. LOL