Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The 45 Hour Death-Flu

Sunday evening, I didn't feel so hot. That night, I slept curled up by the toilet, afraid to venture to any other room. I couldn't even keep water down. My body hurt, I was freezing, and I think I cried for at least an hour. I had promised Summer that I would watch Tiven Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, so at 5am on Monday, she dropped him off. I managed until 7am, still throwing up the water I kept forcing on myself, and then I passed both babies off to Jeffrey. I just couldn't handle it. The rest of Monday was like a blur, I slept the entire day, only waking up when Jeffrey would bring Mads in to eat. I don't even know how Tiven did. At around 8 last night, Jeffrey made me some dry toast, and I managed to eat the corners off of both pieces. I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 5:30 this morning, when Tyler was pounding on the door to drop off Tiven. I still feel like hole. I had another piece of toast this morning, and managed to drink one whole glass of water. Tiven has been screaming since he got here, Mads hasn't taken a nap yet at all, and I just want to curl up on the floor with a blanket over my head. Mads keeps trying to poke out Tiven's eyes, and Tiven spits up every time I feed him.

This has been the worst two days of my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so very sorry your sick hun! It really sucks being sick WITHOUT a little one to look after, let alone TWO! I don't know the circumstances of Summer but if I were her I would find another person to take Tiven tomorrow. Good luck and I hope you don't feel like ass in the morning.