Sunday, March 15, 2009

A Hairy Situation

Madelynn's hair is... unruly. It's long, it's curly, it's fly-away some days and greasy straight on others. It covers her eyes, sticks to her cheeks when yogurt is added, and is just plain always in her/my the way.

Bows worked for a hot minute. Any hair clip or band that touches her head now though, is fair game to be ripped out, chewed on, and thrown to the floor.

Every time I go to my parent's house, my father's greeting is, "That baby needs a haircut!" And she does. She really, truly does, but for some reason that I can't explain, I'm totally against chopping off those baby locks. I literally cringe every time someone says the word "haircut", I get panicky and start stuttering excuses, throwing out "because I said so and I'm her mother" as my only real defense. I can't tell you the real reason, because I honestly don't know. But I can tell you this:

Even with this picture staring back at me, I will not be letting anyone near her with scissors. Sorry.

*Been-there-done-that advice is always appreciated. If you know of any baby-friendly hair products or bows that are smarter than a ten-month-old, I would love to hear about them. :)

No comments: