Friday, March 27, 2009

Lost Keys and "Who are You Calling?"

Madelynn hides things. Last week, Jeffrey and I hunted high and low for the remote control. We practically tore this place apart. I blamed him, he blamed me, and Madelynn played quietly on the floor with a spoon. Two days later, I found it in "her" cupboard, tucked inside a colander and covered with a pot lid. A few days ago, I captured this video:

And now, Jeffrey's keys are missing. In fact, they've been missing for the past three days. Can you guess who had them last? That's right, Jeffrey handed them to Babe so she'd leave him alone for a second. I crawled around the apartment, trying to view the world from Mads' level, but my attempt was fruitless. The keys are gone.

On a semi-related note, I almost had a heart attack while I was doing my make-up this morning. Imagine being home alone with your baby, when all of a sudden during mascara, an eerie voice is speaking from the hallway. My first thought was "INTRUDER" and yes, just like that. All caps. When I ran out to the hallway (carrying my curling iron like a club), I found Babe on the floor with my phone, chatting with someone (I have no idea who) on speaker phone. I didn't even know I had speaker phone! The woman hung up before I could explain, but hopefully she had children, and no explanation was needed.

Tenth month, week three. Be careful when handing your child a non-toy. You may never see it again.

*Well, on the 'glass half full' end, you may find out something you didn't know before. Speaker phone? Really?

ETA: I can't find my phone.

3 comments:

cecilia said...

I can't believe how fast she walks and carrying things on her hands... We have the smarter, bright, owesome baby ever...LOL

Megan said...

lol, I see what you mean.

Aimee said...

Geez, Megan. I didn't know what you meant at first... but now I see it.

I told you. LOL.