Friday, April 10, 2009

More Space!!

The Easter Bunny hasn't been able to find me ever since I moved out of my parent's house. He/She never brings me candy anymore, and there's never a stuffed bunny waiting for me Sunday morning. Luckily for me, that silly bunny hasn't been able to find Jeffrey either, so for the past two years, I've been making that man Easter baskets. I fill them full of my favorite candy, then throw in a video game to cover up my true motive. He plays the game, I eat the candy. It just works.

With Jeffrey so enthralled by Call of Duty, I knew a video game wouldn't cut it this year. I was going to just skip his basket (since I actually have a child [instead of a 25 year old man] to make Easter special), but all those marshmallow peeps and peanut butter eggs were calling to me from the candy aisle. What's a girl to do? It's not like I could put all that crap in Mads' basket. I filled Jeffrey's basket to overflowing with Nerds Bumpy Jelly Beans and Cadbury Eggs, then picked out a new controller for his Playstation. What can I say, this chick loves some candy once a year. Jeffrey hasn't seen his basket yet (I have it hidden under a pile of laundry, no chance he'll look in there), but I can't seem to keep myself from digging into his candy. Every night, Jeffrey comes home to find me with a new bag of goodies in my hand, and I'm sure he wonders where they're coming from. By Sunday, his basket will most likely contain one controller and some purple grass. No candy.

Anyways, I've gotten used to buying myself Easter fun, knowing darn well that Jeffrey will never, EVER, remember to grab me a stuffed bunny on his way home from work. I'm OK with it, really I am. But then today, Jeffrey went to get the mail and walked back in with a box. "Happy Easter!" Holy crap! I was so excited, an Easter present, FOR ME!! That box could have been empty and I would still be incredibly excited. As I tore into the box, I was kind of hoping that it would be a purple bunny (the gift that I had received EVERY Easter from the age of 0-18), but what I found was 1,265,357,908 times more exciting than some stupid stuffed bunny.

He got me an external hard drive. No, it's not just an external hard drive, it's THE external hard drive that I really, really wanted. This bitch holds 250 thousand pictures, 750 hours of video, and looks sleek and cute to boot! (I picked it out and told him I wanted it, he said he would buy it, but I didn't think he would actually buy it.)

Thank Goodness the Easter Bunny hasn't been able to find me. He/She never brought me a box that would hold that many memories before. It looks like I'm going to have to go on yet another candy run. I can't exactly give Jeffrey a huge basket with one tiny controller and some grass in it now, right?

I'm off to take 250,000 pictures of my Babe wearing bunny ears. I finally have a place to store them all. Woot!

No comments: