Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Apple-Cinnamon Ornaments

You need equal parts cinnamon and applesauce (I did half cup of each because I didn't want too many), and glue.

We used 1 tblsp of glue and it was REALLY sticky, like "impossible to roll" sticky.

Dust the counter with cinnamon and roll the "dough" out. Use cookie cutters to cut shapes (I used cheap, plastic cutters and my edges came out all ragged. Metal would be better). Use a straw to poke a hole at the top.

Let them dry for 24 hours, then put a ribbon through the hole and hang them!

I can't show you the finished product yet because they aren't dry, but they smell fabulous! The scent is supposed to last for a really long time so I'm hanging a few of these in our cars. They look cute and smell good, but I wouldn't say they were fun to make. Super sticky, I got cinnamon in my eye and Madelynn kept trying to eat them because she thought they were cookies. It's probably a better project for an older kid.

No comments: