Thursday, January 29, 2009

Cookies Make the Heart Grow Fonder

First thing this morning, Jeffrey pissed me off. It wasn't so much that I was actually angry, just slightly perturbed at his early morning nonsense, and I snapped at him a little more than I should have. As a peace offering, I made a batch of chocolate chip cookies to greet him with when he came home from work. Usually I don't like chocolate chip anything, but these cookies came out so good, I decided to eat three and then share the recipe.

(Yes. They are square. I put my dough globs too close together, and they all baked into each other. They're better that way. Shut up.)

1 cup butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in the vanilla and eggs one at a time. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Finally, mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are golden. Remove from baking sheet to cool on wire racks.

Since this is technically a blog devoted to my baby, here's a picture of her being good for a change:

It lasted for about six pictures, which based on the shutter speed of my camera, translates to about thirteen seconds.

Good Lord, I love that baby.

2 comments:

Mom_To_3_Silly_Bears said...

ohh she didnt take out the outlet plug in that pic lol shes so stinkin' cute!

cecilia said...

There is no such thing as child proof, when you have a smart child like Mady...LOL