Friday, February 20, 2009

Fridays

During the week, I keep this place pretty clean. I de-clutter, I wipe counters, and I spot vacuum chunks of cat hair and lint balls. Aside from constant laundry, that's about it. But Fridays man, Friday is the day that I get down on my hands and knees and scrub everything by three. It's the only day that I actually use all the attachments on the vacuum, the only day I would be willing to lick a toilet seat or eat off the bathroom floor. My least favorite chore used to be scrubbing the kitchen walls, but as Madelynn's collection of oversized toys grows, as do my loathsome feelings toward vacuuming.

After a little whining persuading (and maybe just a little deception), I convinced Jeffrey that our extra bedroom would be better used as a play-room, instead of a cat/junk/couch room.

This is probably the most exciting thing that has ever happened to me. I'm selling everything in that stupid room, couches, projector (that doesn't work), mini-fridge (that isn't even ours), all of it, gone. With my junk loot, I'm turning that room into the most fabulous play-room ever, and all that crap in my living room will have a new home. It's been a good cleaning day.

No comments: