Sunday, October 19, 2008

Nursing Necklace

It's damn near impossible to feed Madelynn. She's all waving arms and kicking legs, pulling my hair, yanking on my cheek, pinching my free nipple, and just all around making the nursing experience slightly less enjoyable for the nurser. And that's if I can get her to pay attention, usually she's craning her neck to find the cat, coming back, craning, ugh. I searched the internet for the solution and found all these wonderful nursing necklaces. They are supposed to keep your child from getting distracted, giving them something to play with while they booby suck. Brilliant! $29.95? Are you fucking crazy? These necklaces look like they were made by preschoolers in summer camp and they want thirty bucks from me? I think not. I'm way too practical for that, so I made my own.

I'm not sure if it works yet, Mady is sleeping and won't get to try it out until tomorrow. But even if she hates it, I'm going to wear it anyways because it's super cool.

No comments: