Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Scariest Day of 2009

Mads and I woke up at about eight today. I changed her diaper, brushed my teeth, brushed her teeth, and changed her clothes. Through this whole routine, my phone was beeping to tell me that I had a message. It was too early to deal with messages. I finally shuffled out to my phone at around 8:20. I had 32 missed calls. Thirty-two. Nothing screams "EMERGENCY!!" like 32 missed calls. I called Jeffrey with an ill heart. He drove the Honda into a telephone pole. The pole suffered major damage, as did the Honda (most likely totaled), but Jeffrey walked away with just a small scratch next to his right eye.

Thank you, God. I don't even want to imagine doing this without my love.

P.S. Anyone have a cheap Honda for sale? :)

3 comments:

Steph said...

OMG!!!!!! SO glad he is ok. Give him lots of hugs tonight!! Sorry, no cars here. I do have a pontiac for about 15 K if ya wanna take that off my hands though!! ;)

Bohemia Momma said...

So glad he is ok! Sorry about your car though. Hopefully you can get another car quickly.

Jen said...

I'm glad your hubby is ok!!!! He definitely had a Guardian Angel watching out for him.

A couple years ago, my husband was on his way to work and got t-boned from a guy who ran a stop light. Totalled his truck and somehow he walked away with minor bumps and he was a bit sore the next day.