Friday, February 13, 2009

Naked-Baby-Rule

There's a rule in this apartment. If you're eating anything other than Cheerios, you must be naked. I tried to apply this rule to Jeffrey, but he didn't think it was funny, so Mads is really the only one who follows it.

No matter how big the bib is, no matter how far I roll her sleeves up, Mads is always covered in whatever she is eating. She's one of those babies that likes to rub her food in her hair before she eats it. I find food behind her ears, on the back of her neck, you name it, it's been covered. Instead of giving myself a complex over hand scrubbing baby clothes, or *gasp* feeding her with a spoon*, I made the naked baby rule.

It works.

* I refuse, REFUSE, to feed this kid with a spoon. She sucks the food off and then raspberries it right back into my face. It's gross. She will only swallow if she holds the spoon herself or uses her fingers.

1 comment:

cecilia said...

Oh! she is sooooo cute...